Electric blankets or heating pads
We do not recommend using an electric blanket or heating pad with your mattress. Due to the temperature-sensitivity of the TEMPUR material, adding high heat can hinder its ability to react to your body temperature and conform to your body shape.
If you ever do use an electric blanket or heating pad, we recommend limiting its use to 30 minutes, and only on low or medium heat.
Mattress pads and covers
We do not recommend using a conventional mattress pad or mattress cover with your mattress. These items add another "layer" between you and the TEMPUR material, reducing its ability to conform to your body.
If you use a mattress protector, we offer the TEMPUR-Fit™ Mattress Protector, which is designed to protect your mattress without impacting the feel or performance.
Cleaning the cover
Some of the covers on most of our mattresses can be removed and washed. If you're not sure if your mattress cover is removable, please refer to the tags sewn into the cover or contact our Customer Service department. If you have a Deluxe mattress that has TEMPUR material included in the cover, DO NOT wash this cover, simply clean with a damp cloth.
Washing the cover
We recommend machine washing at 60◦c and a cool setting for machine drying. Air-drying is best. Do not "over-dry" the cover and do not use chlorine products or harsh stain removers of any kind.
If you spill liquid on your mattress, please take the following steps: (Because the mattress should never become wet, we can't promise that these steps will completely remove the stain or odour.)
- If your mattress has a washable cover, remove it, wash it in warm water with mild detergent, and hang dry for best results. Never use bleach or bleaching products with the cover
- After the cover has been removed, soak up as much of the liquid using towels as possible. This may require pressing down on the material with the towel(s) to release the moisture
- Once excess moisture is removed, let the mattress air dry. To speed up the drying process, place a fan so that it blows on the mattress
- Never wash the TEMPUR material
- TEMPUR material should never become wet. We offer a special TEMPUR-Fit™ Mattress Protector to provide extra protection against liquid spills
Flipping and rotating
Each of our mattresses use our patented, one-sided design that means you'll never have to flip, rotate, or turn it. The TEMPUR material will return to its original shape time after time, year after year.
Folding during moving
If needed, you can fold your TEMPUR Mattress to make it easier to move. Fold it with the TEMPUR side (top) in.
About folding and cold weather
If the mattress sits in cold weather (below 50°F) folded, do not try to force it to lay flat. It may take a few hours, depending on the temperature of the room, but the mattress will naturally unfold as it warms up.
Transporting or storing
When transporting or storing your mattress, lay the mattress flat—not on its side or folded.